6061 T6 Marine applications, low welding, Extruded Aluminum Bar
6061 Aluminum Alloy for Ship
Heat treatment can strengthen the corrosion resistant alloy, high
strength, but low welding joint strength, mainly used for the sea
water does not contact the screw joint, riveted structure.
1. Product Information
6061 Aluminum bar is made from one of the most widely used heat
treatable aluminum alloys. It has excellent corrosion resistance,
good workability and good machinability.
|Alloy||Temper||Typical diameter(mm)||Rp(MPa) Tensile strength||Rm(MPa) Yield Strength||Elongation(%)||NDT||Reference|
|6061||Min||0.40||--||0.15||--||0.80||0.04||--||--||EN 573 / GB/T 3190 -2008|
2. Detailed Description
1. Alloy: 6061
2. Temper: T6, H112
3.Surface treatment: Mill finish, polished, Coating, Oxidized, etc.
4. Packing: Export standard, covering with brown paper and plastic
film then packed with wooden case/pallet
5. MOQ per size: 2 TONs
6. Lead Time: about 25-30 days
7. Productivity: 15000 tons /Month
8. Payment Terms: T/T, L/C at sight
9. Origin: China
* Remarks: Specific requirement of alloy, temper or specification can be
discussed at your request.
3.The Main Features:
1. excellent corrosion resistance
2. welding performance
3. High-strength heat-treatable alloy.
4. Good mechanical properties.
5. Good usability.
6. Easy to process and good wear resistance.
4. Advantages used in ship:
1. good processing and forming performance, easy for cutting,
punch, cold bending, forming and other forms of processing,
suitable for the streamline of the hull; Large wide thin wall
profiles can be extruded to reduce the number of welds and to
rationalize and lighten the hull structure.
2. good welding performance, can be more easily welding.
3. small modulus of elasticity, great ability to absorb shock
stress, and great safety.
4. aluminum waste is easy to recover and can be recycled.
5. no low temperature brittleness, most suitable for low
If you are interested in any aluminium products or have demand on
those series of alloy, please feel free to contact us.
We are looking forward to your enquiry and confident enough to be
your reliable supplier!